- Request An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Natural Pain Management from Our West Loop Chicago Chiropractor
Do you suffer from a nagging old injury or chronic pain condition that just never seems to give you a moment's relief? Constant or recurring musculoskeletal and neurological imbalances can make every day an agonizing experience but that doesn't mean you have to subsist on painkillers for the rest of your life. Here at Body Works Health & Wellness, our West Loop Chicago chiropractor, Dr. Zaffarkhan, can provide you with a variety of natural, drug-free therapies and treatments to help you keep that chronic pain under control safely and effectively.
There are two main categories of pain, acute and chronic. Acute pain occurs as a direct result of an injury or disease, meaning that it disappears as soon as the immediate health problem is resolved. When pain continues for more than three months regardless of whether the initial incident has been resolved, it is referred to as chronic pain. Many varieties of chronic pain stem from ongoing or recurring impingement or nerve tissue. A longstanding spinal misalignment, for instance, can allow a disc herniation to put pressure on major nerves, which then refer pain signals to other parts of the body. This pain will continue to bother you until the disc herniation is treated.
Degenerative spinal conditions such as osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis can cause chronic neck pain, back pain or other symptoms. A postural imbalance can strain soft tissues and damage cartilage to create chronic leg pain, knee pain, hip pain, and other forms of joint pain.
Contact Our West Loop Chicago Chiropractor Today
Chiropractic care and other natural pain management solutions are safer and healthier than painkillers, which only mask your symptoms temporarily and can create unwanted side effects. Our West Loop Chicago chiropractor will perform a thorough physical evaluation to isolate the underlying cause of your pain. This enables us to prescribe pain management solutions such as:
- Chiropractic Care - Chiropractic care seeks to correct spinal imbalances that stress your muscles and pinch major nerves. We employ a mix of chiropractic techniques aimed at treating your unique symptoms and condition.
- Massage Therapy - Massage therapy can do wonders to relieve chronic muscle tension and tightness related to back pain, neck pain and other conditions. It can also help release the painful muscle knots caused by fibromyalgia.
- Orthotics - If arch support issues are throwing your whole body painfully off balance, we can fix the problem with orthotics. These customized footwear inserts can help relieve knee pain, leg pain, hip pain and other pains related to your stance and gait.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture stimulates the release of chemicals called endorphins which serve as your body's natural painkilling agents. It makes a great complement to other natural pain management therapies.
Call 312-733-8676 today to learn more about these and other pain management solutions at Body Works Health & Wellness. We can help you win your fight against pain!