- Request An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Our Chicago Car Accident Chiropractor Treats Whiplash
Are you being whipped by a case a case of whiplash? This serious type of auto injury can cause debilitating neck pain as well as a host of other symptoms that can make your life seem like a nightmare. It's also a condition that only gets worse instead of better if left untreated. If you seek natural pain management and symptom relief, you need the aid of our Chicago car accident chiropractor at Body Works Health & Wellness.
Whiplash is so named because of the sharp, whip-like motion of the neck and head that causes it. Auto injury sufferers develop whiplash when their vehicle hits, or is hit by, another object. Even a low-speed collision can transmit enough force to the skeleton to throw the torso forward, whipping the head backward. A rebound effect then throws the head violently forward while the torso is stopped by the shoulder harness. This causes damage to the muscles and connective tissues of the neck; it also jolts the spine out of its normal alignment, causing herniated discs and impinged nerves. As a result, you may experience not only neck pain but also upper back pain or lower back pain. Additional symptoms include jaw or facial pain, headaches, cognitive problems, dizziness, blurred vision and tinnitus.
Natural Relief from Neck Pain and Other Whiplash Symptoms
If a case of whiplash does not receive the proper treatment, the torn muscles and other tissues may develop lumps of scar tissue called adhesions that prevent full recovery. that's one reason it's so important to see our West Loop Chicago chiropractor, Dr. Yousef Zaffarkhan, immediately following the accident. Examining your spine and discussing your symptoms in detail enables us to get a clear picture of the extent of your auto injury. We can then treat your whiplash with natural methods such as:
- Chiropractic Adjustment - Adjusting the spinal column back to its normal alignment can relieve nerve pressure and neurological symptoms.
- Massage Therapy - Massage therapy helps damaged soft tissues in the neck heal more readily while reducing inflammation and swelling for natural pain management.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture is another natural pain management solution that may be useful for relieving whiplash pain. The needles prompt the body to create natural painkillers called endorphins.
- Physiotherapy - Ultrasound, most heat, cryotherapy and other healing techniques can help you conquer soft tissue pain and heal more quickly.
- Physical Rehabilitation - Corrective exercises and other forms of physical therapy can help ensure that your neck regains its normal strength and range of motion.
Come Visit Our West Loop Chicago Chiropractor
If you're suffering from the effects of whiplash, don't wait until internal scarring and other problems make your condition even more serious. Call (312) 733-8676 to set up an appointment with our West Loop Chicago chiropractor as soon as possible. The earlier we can address your symptoms, the sooner you can experience relief and get back to living your life!